9 Reason Why Every Nurse Needs a Koala~Qlip Stethoscope Holder
Tell us reason #10 for a chance to win a Koala~Qlip
1. Nurses know that in general, a stethoscope only weighs a few ounces and one would think that carrying it around your neck wouldn’t be an issue. However, Nursing is a stressful profession! We are stressed not only emotionally but physically as well. We are constantly on the run; we stand, twist, turn, lift, and contort our bodies in all kinds of weird positions. We spend a good deal of our shift looking down at charts, pulling medications, and caring for patients. That added few ounces from our stethoscope on our neck will eventually, contribute to weakening our cervical muscles, contribute to forward neck posture, neck pain, tension, and headaches.
2. The Germs! Even the most conscientious nurse may forget to wash down his stethoscope. Maybe he is running to a code or other emergency. When working a busy floor, one can forget to wipe down their stethoscope for any number of reasons. Even, after washing your stethoscope, many germs are resistant and escape the cleaning! A Koala~Qlip Stethoscope Holder will help keep your stethoscope and those germs away from your bare neck and face.
3. I don’t know about you, but I was sick and tired of my scope getting tangled in my hair. Even when I put it up in a ponytail, hair would stick to my stethoscope tubing ~ that’s annoying!
4. It only takes one time for an agitated patient to grab and try to use your stethoscope as a strangulation device while it is hanging around your neck before you realize that, wearing it around your neck is not a good idea! An experience like that can happen to anyone, anytime. The Koala~Qlip is especially great for correctional nurses and emergency room nurses for this reason.
5. Most stethoscope manufacturers recommend in their literature that you do not carry your stethoscope around your neck because the oils from your skin will decrease the life of your stethoscope tubing.
6. Have you ever knocked a patient in the head with your stethoscope while trying to provide care, or had it slide off your neck into a bedpan or onto a wound? ~ I know you have, we all have done it.
7. The Koala~Qlip Stethoscope Holder is made with springs so that it can snap open and grab your stethoscope quickly. You can move it around anywhere you find comfortable and at the end of your shift, you can clip it to your tote bag instead of curling the tubing and stuffing it into your bag.
8. It comes in a variety of great colors and looks professional. Any medical professional who needs a stethoscope can use a Koala~Qlip, from veterinarians and their techs, to medics, doctors, and medical assistants.
9. Many nursing schools do not allow their students to wear their stethoscope around their neck. Mostly for the reasons stated above. Before the Koala~Qlip Stethoscope Holder came to be, students had to stuff their scope into their pockets, leave them in inconvenient locations, or they would lose them after setting them down on a counter or patient’s bedside table.
We have listed 9 out of 10 reasons why every nurse needs a Koala~Qlip Stethoscope Holder. Do you know what reason #10 is? We will send a free Koala~Qlip to the first person to guess the correct answer.